The Art Institute of Virginia Beach Aii, LLC
Campus Student Worker - Library
Virginia Beach, VA
Library Work Study will work in the Library to assist students, Librarian, other Faculty and staff members in a courteous, helpful, and prompt manner.
- Staff circulation desk, including checking materials in and out, placing reserves, and collecting fines.
- Shelve and re-shelve materials in a timely, accurate manner and shelf read.
- Assist patrons with basic information regarding the computers.
- Assist students, faculty and staff in locating materials on the shelf.
- Refer patrons to the librarian for further assistance.
- Assist with collecting library use statistics.
- Enforce library policies.
- Assist in processing new materials.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of the library by cleaning up litter, collecting books and straightening chairs and tables.
- Check the printers and photocopier to make sure that they are always stocked with paper.
- Work on special projects and assist the librarian(s) with other tasks as needed.
- Be a full time student at The Art Institute of Virginia Beach and qualify for the Federal Work Study Program as indicated on the FAFSA form.
- Maintain a CGPA of 2.75.
- Maintain course attendance at no less than 90% per quarter.
- Successfully complete a satisfactory review of job performance, to be conducted by hiring manager once per quarter.
- Applicants should be able to lift heavy materials, work well with people,
- Perform detailed tasks quickly and accurately
- Learn and remember complicated procedures and policies, work independently, and be punctual, reliable, and honest.
- Computer and typing skills desired. Experience in a library, bookstore, or retail establishment is desirable but not required.